A symbol of the appellation’s revival, the presence of vines at this beautiful 100-hectare property, one of the largest in the northern Médoc, dates back to the 14th century.
The presence of vines at this beautiful 100-hectare property in the north of the Médoc can be traced back to the fourteenth century. A fief of the Lords of Blaignan in the Middle Ages, the estate gave its name to the land and to the family. The 15th century Grande Seigneurie became the property of Louis-Alexandre de Bourbon in the 1700s.
The estate was subsequently sold in 1762 to a gentleman from Bordeaux, Monsieur Taffard, who increased its size and turned it into a model property.
In 2004, Château Blaignan joined the portfolio of properties owned by the Crédit Agricole Group, which has strived to improve the quality of the wines by installing new winemaking facilities.
Vineyard worker -Tractor operator